Conviction

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ULDUAR MASSACRE! *Play 'Psycho' shower scene music here* PostPosted: August 17th 2009 12:07am 

Sometimes raids just click. Usually this is when no good films are on TV in any European country; when Fadge isn't in the raid, or when the stars align in a very rare, but unique and beautiful format. Oh man, when those stars align right... *looks skywards wistfully* we can be very, very dangerous.

So tonight was good for three reasons. IC HM was finally broken with Steelbreaker dieing last, Yogg+3 died too, and we got our first [item]Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings[/item].

We've tried a lot of different variations of IC HM, two tanks, three tanks, killing Molgeim first, killing Brundir first etc etc. We've basically done the HM version in all of its forms (which is kind of cool in terms of seeing the encounter and its mechanics), but with each tactic we always came up a few percentage short and just missed out on the kill. Tonight though, the DPS stepped up and took Steelbreaker down with 10-15s to spare and total raid DPS near 125k, and the healers finally spammed hard enough to keep the tanks alive for the duration. I would say this is a pretty simple Hardmode but that it is very unforgiving, especially for the healers - whether you are raid or tank healer, being one or two seconds slow will result in a death and subsequently a wipe. Tonight we hit P3 in all attempts, and finally got the kill we deserve.

This next week will also see me referring our top 5 IC HM Phase 3 DPSers by whatever title they wish to be known by as some kind of reward for their ability. I can only hope they don't take advantage too much...

We also got our IC HM kill pretty quick, which meant we had three hours spare for Yogg+3. We've spend maybe a couple of hours on this in the past, tagged on to the end of other raids but this was perhaps the first night where the raid was really expected to make some meaningful progress on it. Until now, we had had some problems with portal DPS, and in response we took a look at a different movement strategy for the Portal group and after doing a little tweaking here and there (and resolving one massive gaff) it started to look doable and indeed we started to consistently reach P3 within three portals. I think perhaps on our third or fourth P3 attempt we took it all the way to a kill. A little messy perhaps - I think our melee don't need to rush so much to attack the new spawned Guardians as a few died - and in the end we needed to call all DPS to focus on the boss to beat the enrage timer (and I prayed it was called late enough for healing Guardians not to effect us). But a lot of first kills are like that, its more fun that way. I\m confident we can recreate that kill again in the future.

And finally, this Yogg+3 kill opened the way to our first [item]Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings[/item] and quite well timed too as Liina only reached 30 Shards last week I believe. Congrats to her on this Achievement and well done to the guild members for all their help!

Freya+2, +3, Thorim and Vezax are our next targets and with a little hard work we hope to have more victorious News items posted over the next couple of weeks. If you want to be part of the fun, check our Recruitment

'Excuses don't kill bosses. And neither does standing in the fire, coming unprepared, forgetting last weeks tactics or watching TV.'
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 12:12am 

This was one seriously satisfying raid lockout period.
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 12:45am 

\o/ I am glad I didn't curse this raid then =D
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 1:00am 

Seems like we've shown good concentration all week and I think we can definately see the rewards that gives us. Its certainly more fun when we're making progress and people are learning and improving each attempt, even if we don't get the kill by the end of that night. There are still general improvements to be made - the main thing atm is having raiders remember their job from raid to raid and making sure a job you usually do, and know needs doing, is being done by somone, even if the RL hasn't specifically assigned someone for it. A lot of these little jobs, like IC interrupting, should now be part of the standard tactics, and not something the RL needs to reassign each week - just let the RL know what job you intend to do.

Lets keep it up guys, we have the opportunity to keep moving forwards and get some more HM's because they are no harder than those we have already accomplished.

'Excuses don't kill bosses. And neither does standing in the fire, coming unprepared, forgetting last weeks tactics or watching TV.'
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 2:55am 

There is always a dirty great Tauren in my way in photos =(
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 3:41am 

Think you can blame Rocka there.

Tats, more elevation on the next photo!

Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 6:12am 

Awesome guys, congratulations!

Congratulations Liina with your new toy :)

Download the DKP Server here (Braan has taken over the maintainence of the mod)
Download the DKP Client here (Project shut down)
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 8:41am 

Honorary Forum Member
DKP: 3828
Attendance: 15%

I was grievously misled, Val'anyr didn't have a Hello Kitty pic in it after all! But otherwise it isn't that bad I guess. Reli wasn't the only one who will have to call people with strange titles btw, after the kill I promised to refer Braan as "Hammer of the Ancient Kings" now. Eww. ^^

Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 9:05am 

Back on track now, lets keep this up :)

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthousiasm
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 9:13am 

congrats liina :) and keep the progress consistent!
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 9:37am 

Wow, well done guys very impressive night you had. Oh and grats Liina :D

Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 9:48am 

Big grats to you all!

And a very nice hammer Liina. Looks good with that ninja look you're wearing!

/Lotaren, Moonkin destroyer
/Zomor
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 10:07am 

Relinor wrote:
Think you can blame Rocka there.

imo you should thank me for makin the photo "cool"... my position and angle was determined and decided so the quality and cool level of the pic were at its maximum exponencial so all could enjoy and admire our awesome achieve... in resume, my body hides fadge for less dmg in our eyes.

Moooooo~
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 10:22am 

Honorary Forum Member

Relinor wrote:

Yes Sir!

Tatsiki has now retired 2nd December 2012

Tatsiki - Resto Shaman
Odile - Disc Priest
Gaunerin - Flower Picking Rogue
Tzena - Warlock Wannabe
Rhazess - Mage in Progress
Xavious - Failed Hunter
Thommasina - Failed Warrior
Ledergesicht - Banker/Entrepreneur
 Post subject: PostPosted: August 17th 2009 11:03am 

Honorary Forum Member
DKP: 3828
Attendance: 15%

Zomor wrote:
And a very nice hammer Liina. Looks good with that ninja look you're wearing!

Hah, you laugh at me now, but my leet face mask will save me from the swine influenza while you others all suffer! ^^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page 1, 2  Next